Complaints Handling

At Tranter Cleere & Co we want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we are providing then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure here www.trantercleere/ Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, disability or other characteristics.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (/Consumers/Problems/

If we cannot resolve your complaint with the person who is dealing with your case then you should make such complaint in writing to our Mr Cleere who is the Complaints Handling Partner. Please be as detailed as possible as to the nature of your complaint so that we can investigate the matter in more detail. Complaints must be in writing to our business address, Tranter Cleere & Co, 210 Hollyhedge Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M22 4QN for the attention of Mr Cleere. Alternatively, it can be sent by email to

Upon receipt of your complaint, it will be acknowledged within 7 days of receipt by us.

After 7 days, our Mr Cleere will then locate the file of papers and fully investigate your complaint. Please note that you will have the option of attending our office in person to discuss the matter with our Mr Cleere. Alternatively, you can in addition telephone to discuss the matter with him prior to the matter being fully investigated.

You can expect to receive a full and detailed response in 14 days from our first letter to you. If this proves impractical then we would hope to be able to write to you to extend the period of time if necessary.

You can expect to receive a detailed and written response to your complaint from our Mr Cleere. He may in addition also telephone you to speak to you regarding the matter.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of that complaints procedure then you do of course have the right to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman and that procedure is outlined in this section.


What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and no more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman please contact them.


Contact Details


Call: 0330 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm


Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ