Here at Tranter Cleere we have been helping people successfully claim the compensation they deserve from their current or former employers for over 25 years, and many of the cases we have dealt with regard industrial diseases developed due to poor health and safety standards.
If you believe you’re suffering from a disease that is the result of previous or current employment, give our experienced and friendly team a call today on 0800 6 12 11 13.
What is Industrial Disease?
An industrial disease simply refers to an illness that has been developed by an employee of a company while carrying out their work duties. There are a number of possible causes, for example dust, noise or fumes, and if an employer has failed to put in place measures to limit exposure to those factors they may be liable.
Industrial diseases can range from skin conditions all the way through to cancer or lung conditions. Some of the most common claims that we deal with concern:
- Mesothelioma – this is a form of cancer that develops in the protective lining that covers many internal organs, but is most common in the pleura (the outer lining of the lungs and internal chest wall) following exposure from asbestos;
- Pneumoconiosis – a term describing a range of chest conditions including asbestosis, silicosis, miner’s lung and welder’s lung;
- Repetitive Strain Injury – the most common form of RSI is carpal tunnel syndrome and can come about from any kind of forceful exertion.
- Work-related asthma – this can be caused by gases, fumes, harmful dusts or vapours;
- Work-related dermatitis – this is a skin condition that can occur from exposure to chemicals or irritants.
What should you do next?
If you have developed an industrial disease over the course of your working life, and you suspect that your employer may have been negligent in any way, Start Your Claim with us by completing our simple online enquiry form and one of our experienced personal injury solicitors will get in touch with you as soon as they can to provide impartial, practical advice.
No Win, No Fee, Hassle-Free Process
Start your Claim